The annual Politics in Action forum by Sydney’s Southeast Asia Centre brings political updates from Southeast Asia to researchers and practitioners from across the disciplines and beyond. Drawing upon expertise from around the world, these presentations will provide up-to-date information on developments in Southeast Asia relevant to scholars, students, practitioners and the general public.
In this public forum, invited experts will provide an analysis of the current political situation in Cambodia, Indonesia, Myanmar, the Philippines, Singapore and Thailand and discuss the broader implications of events in these countries for our region.
In 2021, the lineup of speakers includes:
- Cambodia – Dr Astrid Norén-Nilsson (University of Lund)
- Indonesia – Dr Burhanuddin Muhtadi (Syarif Hidayatullah State Islamic University)
- Myanmar – Professor Melissa Crouch (UNSW Sydney)
- The Philippines – Professor Maria Ela L. Atienza (University of the Philippines-Diliman)
- Singapore – Dr Elvin Ong (National University of Singapore)
- Thailand – Professor Duncan McCargo (University of Copenhagen)
When: Wednesday 5 May & Thursday 6 May 2021